View: 80|Reply: 3

Does not recognise SD Card

[Copy Link]
Posted at 6 DayBefore | All floors |Read mode
I have tried with Sandisk SDXC 64GB V30, and with a 8GB SDHC, but neither of those work with this phone. I have the Jelly Pro and I have the latest software update.

Is there some trick to make this work (I noticed already the locking mechanism) or is it a known issue?

Use props Report

Posted at 6 DayBefore | All floors
I have some king of similar issues with samsung sdxc 64Gb card on mine. Card randomly disapears from system, sometimes it don't appear at all. I've add some insulation tape on the top of the card right above it contacts (i've notice, that after locking card it contact part trying to go up, so i've add insulation tape to make battery to force card go down), that fixed (i think) issue. 3-7 layers of tape fixed that.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Author| Posted at 5 DayBefore | All floors
GetinakS Posted at 2017-10-12 21:53
I have some king of similar issues with samsung sdxc 64Gb card on mine. Card randomly disapears from ...

Hi, thanks for the tip!

I ended up prying the connecting pins a bit upward, and I also placed a piece of duct tape under the battery. This seemed to help, now the phone recognises SD cards!
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Posted at 5 DayBefore | All floors
I put a 32Gb Sandisk in and it works fine. Before inserting the card into the jelly phone, I had tried loading the card with some music etc from my pc but with no success. I kept getting an error message saying card is read only. It was after that that I just put it into the jelly and it started working. Now I can connect it by cable to the pc and I can transfer files and folders to it. I have tried transferring and watching a movie - all good.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list