12Next
Return to List Add thread
View: 518|Reply: 12

Permanent GPS wakelock

[Copy Link]
Posted at 2017-10-21 08:42:06 | All floors |Read mode
My battery life really tanked after the September update, and I installed BetterBatteryStats to see if I could figure out why. It turns out that my Jelly Pro doesn't ever sleep. BetterBatteryStats is showing three permanent kernel wakelocks: gpswakelock, GPS, and ttyC2. My location services are all off. Is anyone else seeing this problem? Do I just have a messed up Jelly?

Use props Report

Posted at 4 DayBefore | All floors
this issue is partaining to the 4g only slot because wakelock doesnt activate for me unless i use simslot 1, when im on 2 no wakelock.  im looking into the root browser and other forums to see if theres a workaround
Reply Support 1 Opposition 0

Use props Report

Posted at 2017-10-22 04:16:55 | All floors
I have been communicated this to support for over a week with multiple logs, but so far they just think I do not know how to turn off location services. This last round on airplane mode with location services off included screen shots for proof of the start and end of the discharge.
Reply Support 1 Opposition 0

Use props Report

Posted at 2017-10-21 21:49:14 | All floors
It has a lot of logic what you say.because the jelly consumes almost the same using, not being used

Communicate it to Unihertz by sending him captures and all you can of this application

Thank you!
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Posted at 2017-10-22 02:43:18 | All floors
gpswakelock,  and GPS  are a issue on many other Android Phones and were awaiting a future fix.  ttyC2 is a game extension, ditch the game
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Posted at 2017-10-25 04:46:22 | All floors
How do you know what game? I am seeing this after a FDR with not additional applications installed.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Posted at 2017-10-25 06:42:21 | All floors
I see this wakelock too and I have zero games installed.

It's not a game.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Posted at 2017-10-26 02:52:59 | All floors
Shows up after FDR too.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Author| Posted at 2017-10-28 01:10:37 | All floors
Is anyone seeing this problem who isn't using a data-only SIM card? I'm using FreedomPop which uses the AT&T network, and I don't see the problem if I take the SIM out. I also didn't see the problem when I borrowed a friend's AT&T card for ten minutes, so I'm wondering if it's either specific to FreedomPop or specific to data-only SIM cards.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Posted at 2017-10-28 02:07:01 | All floors
So after another FDR and an AT&T post paid sim everything is working as it should with no GPS wake lock on startup. I will keep adding in applications slowly to see if I can find a root cause.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Posted at 2017-11-7 03:21:55 | All floors
Well my GPS Wake lock came back and I still have not figured out which application is doing it. I uninstalled the most recently added ones with no luck. I took the most recent update for the Jelly Pro and that also did not fix it. I guess it will be another FDR and giving it a couple of days between new applications and updates to built in applications.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list