Author: admin

How about we increase the battery to 1200 mAh with thickness of Jelly add 1 mm?

[Copy Link]
Posted at 2017-10-30 04:08:39 | All floors
Dem kann ich nur zustimmen

Use props Report

Posted at 2017-10-30 15:58:10 | All floors
Last edited by runboy93 In 2017-10-30 16:20 Editor

1200 mAh battery upgrade is a good start, but I think other things need check also:

Screen

I think a little bigger screen could fit with certain changes made to build (read rest of my post), a little bigger screen would interest more people and help with experience.

SoC

Currently Jelly Phone uses MT6737?

https://www.mediatek.com/products/smartphones/entry-4g

MT6738, I think this would bring better battery experience:

- LPDDR3 by default on MT6738, compared to LPDDR2/LPDDR3 on MT6737 -> LPDDR3 drain less battery than LPDDR2 and yet faster usage.

- Mali T860 MP2 (350MHz) on MT6738, compared to Mali T720 (550-650MHz) on MT6737 -> Same or even little improved performance, for lower GPU frequency, drain less battery.

MT6738 is 1.5GHz vs 1.1-1.3GHz on MT6737, that could lead to more battery drain but rest features reduce that effect.

Camera

Rear camera could be reduced to 5MP, to reduce overall costs a little, I think 8MP is too good camera for this entry 4G phone.

Earphone Port

I think this could be replaced by USB adapter, so you could work more on size of Jelly Phone (reduce size, and weight)

Dual SIM

This feature is pretty useless on Jelly phone, because battery power is very limited. Could be removed to reduce costs? (if it will reduce costs?)

Bluetooth

I'm not sure what BT version MT6738 would use, but priority should be on "BLE, Bluetooth Low Energy". Currently MT6737 use BT 4.1.

Use props Report

Posted at 2017-10-30 16:59:53 | All floors
I also would not mind the phone to be ~1cm longer in height or 5-10mm wider. But this would then probably be another phone ;)

Use props Report

Posted at 2017-10-30 19:20:18 | All floors
Leute, wir wollen doch erst einmal das unser Jelly Pro das haben was versprochen wurde.
Batterie f√ľr 6Tage, ich w√§re ja schon zufrieden wenn es dieselbe Leistung bringen w√ľrde wie vor dem Update

Use props Report

Posted at 2017-11-11 23:08:57 | All floors
runboy93 Posted at 2017-10-30 15:58
[...] good start, but I think other things need check also:  [...]

@runboy93: you think very much about your own perspective. let me add my two cents.

your views about SoC and RAM may be justified - i don't have enough technical insight to contest this.

also, on bluetooth and ear phone port i won't comment too much, as i usually don't use either of them.

camera. the camera is just barely good enough for me. i am currently in the process of replacing my [brand name] phone with the jelly pro. one reason why i am still hesitant is that i want a camera always at hand. and a phone's camera needs to be quite decent, to get some usable results. i wouldn't want to downgrade any further on this.

dual sim. i am travelling very often between two countries - and dual sim is a must-feature for any phone i buy. also, my non-travelling colleagues often tend to have two sims. this may be for job/private or one sim from their phone provider and the other sim from their cable network provider, which also happens to offer very cheap mobile data contracts.

but, yes, one millimeter for +1/3 battery seems really worth the effort. and the screen may also grow a bit - given that the overall phone does not (much). if you start adding 9mm here and 4mm there, you quickly end up at the 4.5inch phones. and that is definitely not the direction the jelly is aimed (and loved) for.

Use props Report

Posted at 6 DayBefore | All floors
finally, is there a battery or not?

Use props Report

Schön wärst, aber vielleicht gibt es ja auch bald wieder ein neues Update

Use props Report

Was n√ľtzt uns ne neue Batterie, wenn Sie die ja nicht versenden k√∂nnen.
Siehe ja Ersatzakku

Use props Report

Kuechenprofi Posted at 2017-11-13 20:55
Was n√ľtzt uns ne neue Batterie, wenn Sie die ja nicht versenden k√∂nnen.
Siehe ja Ersatzakku

Of course it can be sent, thousands are sent every day all over the world!

Use props Report

Last edited by Kuechenprofi In 2017-11-13 23:50 Editor

Dann frage ich mich, warum versendet  UNIHERTZ keine Reserveakkus ???

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list