View: 880|Reply: 6

Android Auto problem

[Copy Link]
Posted at 2017-10-10 09:40:52 | All floors |Read mode
I cannot get the JellyPro to connect correctly to Android Auto. The apps on the JellyPro start and Android Auto on the car display unit starts although it all appears to crash out before anything can be done. The resolution on the car display is also not satisfactory (before the app appears to crash).

Should Android Auto work on the Jelly Pro?

Use props Report

Posted at 2017-10-10 20:03:22 | All floors
Android Auto works but you have to disable Duraspeed and Background Task cleanser. Unihertz added these apps. They're not stock Android.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Author| Posted at 2017-10-11 10:23:42 | All floors
Thanks for the response bcintor. Switching off Duraspeed was very simple, although I cannot locate 'Background Task cleanser' - would you be able to give me some direction how to go about this? I cannot even find the  'Background Task cleanser' function / app at this stage....
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Author| Posted at 2017-10-11 10:59:30 | All floors
Hi @bcintor, I have switched off both of those services now and Android Auto is working, thanks for your help.

A minor niggle still bothering me though, do you know if there is a fix for the resolution that is displayed? For some reason the JelloPro has a much smaller font than my other Android phones, making everything a little harder to read. Not a deal breaker but a little disappointing.

Thanks,

Matt.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Author| Posted at 2017-10-11 11:03:50 | All floors
PS.
This action also fixed the problem I was having connecting over Bluetooth to my Garmin Fenix 5 watch, so thanks a ton, you solved two of my problems today!!!
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Posted at 2017-10-12 00:59:26 | All floors
Matt:  You can change the font size for the display and UI under Settings > Display.
But it only changes the font size for the UI elements, like the Settings and notifications.  The font size within apps will have to be adjusted within the apps themselves.
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

Posted at 2017-10-31 21:39:06 | All floors
Take a look at the article about Android auto app called Catch on the methods to build a car app in the most correct way I guess you will find some new ideas
Reply Support Opposition

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list