Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Can I install Samsung Gear app if I wanna use it with Galaxy Watch?

By
sebi
on 04.05.20, 16:46 493 views

Anyone use Atom with Galaxy Watch? Because Atom low res I dont know if Galaxy Wearable (Samsung Gear) can be installed.

Tegner Jacobson
On 06.05.20, 02:58

You can use it with the galaxy wearable app and it seems to work pretty well, what doesn't work is the Samsung Health app that integrates with the watch, so you won't be able to see your steps or workout on the phone.

The stock software kept cutting out the bluetooth connection to save battery, so do the following:

Go to Settings, apps & notifications, advanced, special app access, battery optimization and change the samsung wearable apps to "not optimized"
Next, go to Settings, Intelligent assistance, App blocker and change the samsung wearable app to not be restricted. 
This should work.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!