Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Background Apps killed After Android 9 update

By
eam
on 8/15/19, 9:18 PM 627 views

Hi,

After Android 9 update I am not able to keep some apps active in background when you turn off the screen (phone in stand-by) stopping to receive notifications in apps like Whatsapp for Business, Outlook with an Exchange account.

I have already tried to turn off "Battery management" and to set for these apps "dont optimize the Battery" but all these settings not work.

With Android 8 it was present in settings "Power safe manager" in order to have these apps active in standby mode but this menu item is not present anymore in Android 9 settings.

Please help to find a solution, for sure it affects all users.

Bas
On 8/16/19, 12:16 PM

You need to do 2 things:

- Go to Android settings > Smart Assistant > Appblocker. There you can choose: 1) switch off the Appblocker, or 2) Give exceptions to particular apps.

- Go to Android settings > Duraspeed  and again to options: 1) switch off Duraspeed or 2) Give exceptions to particular apps.

Hope this helps.

• Flag

Hi Bas,

I have turned on both items and used the option 2) for both of them. After 4 hours of test It seems that it is working good. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll reply again in the case the "problem" will come up again

eam
on 8/16/19, 4:58 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!