Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

My voice is really muffled to the call receiver.

By
Duane Morris
on 12/5/18, 2:36 AM 1,518 views

I’vee been getting complaints from people I call- they say my voice is really muffled. So, to test this, I called my own number so I could leave a voicemail. I could hear myself and even make out the words but my voice was incredibly muffled almost like I was under water or in a can. 

Any suggestion?

There are two scenarios:

(1) Microphone acoustic hole (in rubber frame right to fingerprint sensor) is blocked by trash/glue.

(2) Mic hole in rubber frame does not match with hole in mic body (i.e. shifted aside). Microphone (4pin MEMS Top type, 3x4x1mm) is placed right under the hole at a depth about 5mm, without any additional WP membrane. It's very sensitive microphone.

Unihertz suggests to replace the item with such issue (after sending them test record from Atom' SoundRecorder).

But (on your own risc) you can fix this issue yourself. You should slightly open/enlarge the voice hole in rubber frame. Insert very carefully a pin d<=0,8mm (slightly wiped with silicon oil) into the hole to a depth of 4 mm. Don't push the hard obstacle - microphone port hole is below 5mm !

In my Atom I've replaced native mic with Xiaomi mic - more sensitive and with protected port hole.

See mic and voice hole photo inside:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jsL_7zc3sSeaRNS3jxHUyl7LM2zBNhVp

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15CMTPqR4abq1J6eWjfjzxLOgz_xRcg5k

Dmitry
on 12/20/18, 5:27 PM

Zhechev Aleksander
On 1/27/19, 5:24 PM

Too complaints from my subscribers on a muffled sound, like from a barrel. It would not be bad if a respected support will lay out, or send detailed instructions on how to disassemble the smartphone. I have a professional tool and good knowledge in electronics.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!