Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Why there is so many options hidden on Atom - e.g. Keep WiFi on during sleep

By
AP
on 1/1/19, 10:29 PM 316 views

I do not understand the trend to remove/hide so many options on Atom, e.g it is not possible to disable Keep WiFi on during sleep.

I even tried to use

settings put global wifi_sleep_policy 1

thru adb, but the wifi still remains on during sleep. Why could we not switch the wifi off during sleep?

Androtrix
On 1/4/19, 12:00 AM

It's quite easy to turn off Wifi from the notifications pull-down if that is what you want.   It seems simple enough to turn off.   Personally I never leave Wifi on except when I need it because it drains the battery faster as well as leaving your phone less secure - Wifi is fairly easy to hack.   Is it really that much trouble to turn it off from the pull down?   

• Flag

Actually no - the android had/have and option to switch off automaticaly wifi when phone is sleeping, this is for some reason not available on Atom.

AP
on 1/4/19, 6:46 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!