After continuous effort for past several months, we are glad to announce the Android 8.1 software update for Jelly Pro is available now!
You can upgrade your Jelly Pro by “Settings->About phone->Wireless Update”
Please find the detail update information below:
1. Add Flip to mute(Settings->Smart Assistant->Flip to mute);
2. Add Face ID(Settings->Security & location->Face ID);
3. Add Google Keep app;
1. Remove Settings->Background task clear;
2. Remove Settings->Battery saving mode;
3. Remove Settings->Network access control;
4. Remove Settings->Buttons;
5. Remove Backup and restore/Email/Browser/Gallery apps;
Due to big difference in data structure/storage location between Android N and Android O, some settings may be changed during the update.
Including but not limited to:
1. Home screen wallpaper may be restored to default wallpaper;
2. WiFi APs may be forgotten, need to connect it again with password;
3. Paired Bluetooth devices may be forgotten, need to pair it again;
4. WiFi hotspot may be closed if opened before FOTA;
5. DuraSpeed may be switched off;
6. Brightness level(Settings->Brightness level) and Sleep time(Settings->Display->Sleep) may be restored to default value;
To avoid any data lost, strongly suggest to backup your personal data/settings before firmware update!!!!
To reduce the pressure on the FOTA server, the new update will be released in batches. If you do not receive it, please just wait for several days. Thanks for your understanding.
You can experience all the new features of Android Oreo now, hope you like it!
Thanks for your support and we will keep updating Jelly/Jelly Pro as we always did.
You can follow us in Facebook/Twitter to get early notice when the new update is available. Also you can pay attention to our website forum where we will release the notice at first time. For the Jelly(1GB+8GB) version, sorry we can not update it to Android 8.1 via FOTA due to the limitation of memory size. We are trying to find other ways, please just be little patient.
If you have any problem during the update, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. We will offer all the help you need.
We are also working on the open source as many customers asked and will announce it when it is available.
BTW, our new project –Atom World`s Smallest 4G Rugged Smartphone was just successfully founded. Thanks for all the support!
If you miss the chance but still want it, do not worry, the pre-order will be open in our website very soon. Please keep an eye on our website or follow us in Facebook/Twitter to get the latest notice!
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!