Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Atom NFC reader not working

By
Rachel Alcraft
on 8/10/19, 6:34 AM 2,335 views

I am trying to use the atom to scan an NFC medical device (the freestyle libre) but nothing is happening. Occasionally it has given me a scan error, suggesting there is some NFC there just weak or not working well. There is a security error about it not being in card emulation mode if that is relevant.

I have the same issue. I purchased the atom specifically as a "connected" scanner to replace the scanner for my son. This way we would be able to be notified of his real time scanning results. Unfortunately for some reason the Atom seems to get only an intermittent weak connection to the Freestyle Libre and never good or long enough to get more than an errored scan. This has been one of the most disappointing things that we have seen. Conceptually everything else about the phone and the set up it perfect. I would really love a response from Unihertz about this .

CPE
on 9/22/19, 6:44 AM

I sent an email (reply below) to Unihertz sevice about this issue. They advised me to make and sent them a video of the Atom failing and another phone (Samsung in my case) working.

Unfortunately, I already returned my Atom so if you still have yours and you could submit a video to Unihertz service perhaps we can get some traction on getting this issue resolved.

Date: Wed, Sep 25, 2019, 12:03 AM

Subject: Re: Unihertz Atom NFC

To: xxxxxxxxx <xxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com>

Hello,

Please confirm whether the blood glucose meter is connected through bluetooth or NFC?

Would you mind to make a video of your operation?Includes video that the device failed to connect with atom and the video that the device successfully connected with sansung phone.

Thanks,

Regards,

Customer Service

+86-21-62207593 Ext 8007

www.unihertz.com

CPE
on 9/26/19, 6:04 PM

Roman
On 2/7/20, 7:29 PM

same issue, had to return the phone

Tvrtko
On 8/28/19, 5:19 PM

Does not work for me either. Nfc can scan my credit card but not Libre. I am afraid atoms chipset does not know how to read Libre. I asked question on this forum earlier but no response received

• Flag

I sent an email (reply below) to Unihertz sevice about this issue. They advised me to make and sent them a video of the Atom failing and another phone (Samsung in my case) working.

Unfortunately, I already returned my Atom so if you still have yours and you could submit a video to Unihertz service perhaps we can get some traction on getting this issue resolved.

Date: Wed, Sep 25, 2019, 12:03 AM

Subject: Re: Unihertz Atom NFC

To: xxxxxxxxx <xxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com>

Hello,

Please confirm whether the blood glucose meter is connected through bluetooth or NFC?

Would you mind to make a video of your operation?Includes video that the device failed to connect with atom and the video that the device successfully connected with sansung phone.

Thanks,

Regards,

Customer Service

+86-21-62207593 Ext 8007

www.unihertz.com

CPE
on 9/26/19, 6:05 PM

I have finally emailed customer support with some videos, I will let you know the response.

Rachel Alcraft
on 12/21/19, 3:01 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!