Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Atom XL side buttons

By
Clay
on 8/1/20, 5:14 PM 222 views

The red programmable side button on the Atom XL does not work as a PTT button for the DMR radio app.  I would think that the intercom app would seize control of that button when it needs it.  Maybe I am missing a setting for this or would a firmware update help?

Also, just a small criticism, but all the side buttons stick out too far and are too easily activated when the phone is in my pocket.  I was wondering how thick the button material is as I was thinking about shaving about 1mm off the top to make the buttons flush to the surface?

Thanks, that works to enable the PTT.  I'll have to go to setting every time I need to use the radio since I don't want the intercom app to launch by mistake in my pocket.  Just a few extra steps, it's OK.  Still thinking about shaving the buttons down though...

Clay
on 8/4/20, 1:30 AM

stein
On 8/3/20, 2:50 PM

Check under Settings>Smart Assistant>Shortcut settings>Use of PTT key. By default, this is disabled, because it is mutually exclusive with the "Smart key" options below.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!