Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Titan "Please remove the protective film...." message

By
David WJ Ross
on 4/15/20, 4:03 PM 2,046 views

When my Titan is in "sleep" mode ( the screen is dark) and I press the power button, the message "Please remove the protective film on the top of the phone...." is triggered constantly. Removing the screen protector does not stop the message.  Please review and fix this bug. 

Thanks

Andrew Hutchinson
On 8/6/20, 9:23 PM

Hello, I have the same problem.  Dialing *#*#33#*#* does nothing, when the last character is entered the dialer just clears the number and nothing else happens.
Anyone got any other ideas?

Thanks

Andrew

Ron van Gerwen
On 7/2/20, 12:16 PM

I found this in the Atom section and this worked for me. That said, once I backed out of this menu I couldn't get back into it. So make sure you get it right the first time around. But as I stated this worked for me. 

Open the phone dialer and dial *#*#33#*#* 

There is an option called "Distance Sensor"

Upon trying "Distance Calibration" I made the mistake of putting my hand right up to the screen when it asks you to put an obstruction in the way - this made it not sensitive enough, and afterward, it was hard to change the 1 to a 0 in the "Distance Sensor" test. When doing the "Distance Calibration" and it asks you to put an obstruction in the way, put your hand 2-3cm from the earpiece. That seems to produce a reasonable calibration." 
*Edited

adamsinger77
On 6/23/20, 12:23 AM

same issue here. i have cleaned the proximity sensor and still get this

Scott Patten
On 5/19/20, 12:49 PM

I have the same issue - this message comes up every time. Removed the film months ago at the time of purchase.

Scott

• Flag

A good cleaning of the distance sensor fixed this for me.

Scott Patten
on 5/19/20, 7:48 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!